Port de Caen-Ouistreham : travaux de réhabilitation de l'écluse Ouest de Ouistreham EN
The Ouistreham West lock was built between August 1958 and September 1962 to replace the old basin lock dating from 1857. At the beginning of 2019, Ports of Normandy staff noticed that there had been some movement in the structure. Strengthening work was carried out between 2019 and 2021 to keep the lock in normal operation. Now, however, more extensive works are about to begin to comprehensively and durably renovate the lock and guarantee its long-term continued use.
After carrying out extensive geotechnical and structural surveys on and around the structure, at the beginning of this year Ports of Normandy launched a campaign of work with a triple objective: to entirely renovate the West lock by durably securing the mole head at the lock, increasing the length of the quay where the fish is landed and changing the downstream gates whose corrosion protection is due for renewal.